Nine Penny Power grant applications were approved for funding in January. $7,800.00 was granted to the following groups/organizations:
• $900 – West Central Child Care Connection; books for the Born Learning project
• $600 – Denman Elementary School; ten Kore Wobble Stools for a special education classroom that serves students with diverse disabilities
• $450 – The Hub Arts and Cultural Center; movable wire shelving system and storage containers
• $1,250 – Village of Clayton; expand concrete pad and build a small shelter house at the Clayton Veterans Memorial Park
• $500 – Augusta Library; Smart TV for livestreaming, classes, sharing library news, etc.
• $500 – Plymouth Library; Smart TV to assist with programming in children’s area
• $1,300 – Southeastern Schools; STEM program at both the elementary and junior/senior high schools
• $950 – Quincy Senior High School; books designed to improve student engagement
• $1,350 – Amvets; refurbishing wrought iron benches, flower urns, and fencing at the Illinois Veterans Home
Penny Power grants to date now total $541,098.79!
The next deadline to apply for a Penny Power grant is April 4, 2021.